Album Art Resolution; Lost Tune

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tonerl, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Tonerl Guest

I have a few questions as a newcomer to the world of iPod touch and iTunes.

1 About a quarter of my albums do not have album art (after using iTunes download and Amazon). I can scan the album covers but would like to know what resolution to use.

2 iTunes 'lost' one of my tracks (taken from a CD)! I retain the CD; so, adding the track into iTunes was no problem. Is this a frequent event or was I just unlucky?

3 The order of the albums in Coverflow is different from that in the vertical list (which is alphabetical). Is there a cure for this?

I'm very pleased with my iPod touch and find the interface very easy to use; the sound quality is good, too.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Dark K macrumors member

1. iTunes syncs to your iPod and library a nice resolution, I mean, you put it on big screen and it'll look awesome. 2.Is normal, happens to me sometimes with old CDs. 3.There is an icon on top, search for a view word aside to the Search panel.

3. auggie2k macrumors member

auggie2k

1 About a quarter of my albums do not have album art (after using iTunes download and Amazon). I can scan the album covers but would like to know what resolution to use. Anywhere from 500 x 500 upwards for nice quality. Google Image search is great for it.

2 iTunes 'lost' one of my tracks (taken from a CD)! I retain the CD; so, adding the track into iTunes was no problem. Is this a frequent event or was I just unlucky? Just unlucky, or an accident most likely.

3 The order of the albums in Coverflow is different from that in the vertical list (which is alphabetical). Is there a cure for this? Afraid not, the Coverflow is Artist... then there albums view. I like it like that.

4. Tonerl thread starter Guest

Thank you for your clear and detailed answer.

1 I was after the pixel resolution: 50, 72, etc, rather than the size.

2 I'll cross my fingers in future!

3 I'm sure many people like the Artist order in Coverflow but it's not much help if your music is classical! A choice would have been nice - after all, iTunes shows album order when I use Coverflow on my iMac!

5. auggie2k macrumors member

auggie2k

Ah I see, well if you must scan... 100dpi is a nice round number. I find that using Amazon is best as the digital clarity is much better.

Maybe sometime with a new FW update, that option will appear. I'd sure like some coverflow customizing... esp. since the numbered artists (50 Cent etc.) are last in the queue.