Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrandPoobah89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
A long time ago when i only had like 7-8000 songs i used the album art update and while it got a good amount for albums i didnt have it totally wiped out a rediculous amount of artwork and labeling that i had spent a crazy amount of time on for the more obscure music. anyone know if this might happen again, i think this might have been on itunes 8 but ive been afraid to try it again. i have over 1200 albums now and would like everyone labelled with artwork. is there a way i can back up my current artwork then give the artwork get thing a try while still keeping the correct file associations for the backed up artwork?

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
best way is to have the album art in the ID3 tags therefore the art is always in with the song no matter what, (by dragging the art to the file)

but in the itunes folder there is a 'Album Artwork' folder just keep a copy then paste it back to the same place and that should work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.