Album Art

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XxCH3AT3RxX, Jul 24, 2008.

1. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

Well a few months ago when I had my iPod classic Apple seemed to have barely any album art for my music. Now I am setting up my library for my iPod touch and see there is almost 95% of my albums that contain album art.

For the other 5% I resorted to google images to find album art for the other images. I added it to the songs, but in the iTunes coverflow mode it is significantly smaller. The image I downloaded and added was 800x600. I was wondering what is the best size to have album art for it to look good and have no white around it?

2. Mason1 macrumors member

3. J*man macrumors member

You can have iTunes give you a nice high-res album art just select the songs that need album art and right click and select "get new album artwork". Make sure you have everything spelled right and iTunes will get it for you.

4. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

Right click on song and go to get info. Then click on artwork tab and there you go

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

This will work only if the main meta data tags are filled out, i.e. Artist, Title and Album. Otherwise, it won't be able to find the artwork.

6. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I think you accidentally quoted the wrong comment, because that is how you add artwork manually. This does not require the main meta data tags to be filled in.

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Noted.