Album Artwork Display on iPod (Colour screens)

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 11, 2002
Sorry if this is already out there, I could not find it, but can album artwork be displayed on an iPod photot as a full picture only, not the little icon next to the track description. When I try it only stays for a few seconds. I would like to have a full picture...

And a second question, wouldn't it be cool if you could set a photo as a background picture on an iod - anyone know if this can be done...

Many thanks.

punkbass25

macrumors member
May 16, 2005
if you would like to permenantly view the album artwork when listen to music, there is a neat little glitch for the ipod photo that will do this.

start playing a song with album art work now.
press and hold the center button, then (all of this happens fairly quickly)
hit the menu button
release the centerbutton
release the menu button

now you will be back to the song listing, click the center button on the currently playing song, and voila! artwork will be displayed all the time! to unto hit the center button a couple times.

also if you want to permenantly display your star rating while song is playing, press center button until the "scrubber" bar appears (like in itunes, not liek the progress bar) then repeat the same process

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
punkbass25 said:
if you would like to permenantly view the album artwork when listen to music, there is a neat little glitch for the ipod photo that will do this.

start playing a song with album art work now.
press and hold the center button, then (all of this happens fairly quickly)
hit the menu button
release the centerbutton
release the menu button

now you will be back to the song listing, click the center button on the currently playing song, and voila! artwork will be displayed all the time! to unto hit the center button a couple times.

also if you want to permenantly display your star rating while song is playing, press center button until the "scrubber" bar appears (like in itunes, not liek the progress bar) then repeat the same process
Thanks, that works nicely! Where did you come up with this glitch?

punkbass25

macrumors member
May 16, 2005
Daveway said:
Letting a 2 year-old play with it?
ironicly this is exactly how it was discovered!

i found this glitch on the apple website forums

and the guy said his 2 year old was playing with it, and when he took it away it was doing that! so he tried thigns till he could reproduce it.