album artwork download

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drstein, Sep 23, 2008.

1. drstein macrumors newbie

hello all

i recently got an ipod touch and im trying to get the artwork of all my albums. I tried the ituens get album format but it barely got 1 or 2 covers...is there a way I can help him? (i.e. renaming the files to artist -album name)

or...anyone knows a good album recovering program that works for windows or unix?? no mac user in here

thanks in advance

2. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

Don't worry about the file names, rather be sure the song title, album name, and artist fields (within iTunes) are all "correct"... or at least correct as far as Gracenote is concerned. And if you have lots of compilations where the album name is the same across a lot of artists, fuhgetaboutit.

If you don't have thousands of albums, you could look up the album on Amazon, copy the cover pics they have, then select all the album tracks in iTunes, and right-click on the album cover box and select Paste.

3. drstein thread starter macrumors newbie

well, the thing is..every time I put artist and album name on google images...the first image is usually more than correct

so I was wondering if there is an automatic program that could do that for my whole library....then I would manually correct those that are wrong (compilations,soundtracks, ...) leaving a much more human task

4. angels lust macrumors member

I've been manually adding in 500x500 album art via Google Image or Amazon to all my CDs and just going through my whole collection making sure tags are accurate. It's pretty tedious but I don't mind it. Just put on some good music or a good movie while you're doing it. :)

5. drstein thread starter macrumors newbie

My moral does not permit a man do a machines job....man-s time is expensive, machines on the other hand work for free. And this is a problem someone must have faced before

6. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow