Album Artwork error?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bowdowntozoltan, Oct 12, 2008.

1. bowdowntozoltan macrumors newbie

So I noticed a few of my albums didn't have artwork. So I got the images and hit get info and attached them to the appropriate tracks. Now when I bring up my music, put it sideways it doesn't show some albums, (itunes does) and the ones that you can change to all look the same until they are brought to the front. It's kind of hard to explain but I think I got it.

This is on a iPod touch 2g. Lemme know if you need more info.

2. bowdowntozoltan thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried rebooting but no luck. Is there a screenshot app so I can show exactly what I mean?

3. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Just push and lift off of the home and lock buttons at the same time for a screenshot, and make sure ALL of your songs have artwork. If one doesn't, and for some reason it tries to pull the album artwork from it, then it will show up empty.

4. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

I tried updating my artwork for a Daft Punk album the other day to a better quality picture- it updated in iTunes but my Touch showed the old version.

Unchecked the songs in iTunes, synced so they were removed from the iPod, checked the songs again and re-loaded them- new artwork was on :D

5. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

That happened to me when I had to rearrange the chapters of an audiobook. Just deleteing/replacing seems to fix a lot of media issues :D.

6. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

Deffo, mate. I don't think it's an actual bug, I just think when iTunes syncs it only checks certain criteria- I don't think chapters and changed album art are included.

7. bowdowntozoltan thread starter macrumors newbie

8. bowdowntozoltan thread starter macrumors newbie

great success. I love the way if looks when you flip through all the different albums. Thanks guys.

9. AmyCS macrumors newbie

i'm getting this error!!!

i'm getting this error too!! is there some kind of bug or something going on with the ipods???

everything was fine and i tried to add artwork for a new album that i put on my ipod and then it all changed. some of the previous artwork for the other albums were still there but some weren't. some were even invisible until you scrolled over where that album was and then that artwork would show up. i restored my ipod 3 times. the first time, to a previous sync session and then added a few albums and then added artwork but with the same affects and then i restored to a new ipod settings and added just one album with the artwork and the artwork doesnt even show up on the sideways scroll view. and when i have it in vertical play mode, the artwork it only the top half.