"Album Artwork Not Modifiable" for a movie I imported

Discussion in 'iPod' started by spaceballl, Apr 21, 2007.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi All,

I've tried to search for this, but I haven't found a real solution. I have a file, about 300MB in size, so not that big. I just want it to have a movie cover. When I select the file though, it says "Album Artwork Not Modifiable." Anyone know why?? I don't get that with other movies i've imported. Thanks!

2. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Nobody else seems to have this problem?

-Kevin

3. Malcster macrumors 6502

I have had this problem when converting DivX files to AppleTV format using VisualHub, the resulting file won't allow album art/cover editing.

However, the DVD rips i do from Handbrake (using AppleTV presets) do allow album art/cover editing..

ive found no solution as yet, its either an itunes bug or file metadata issues i guess.

4. confirmed macrumors regular

confirmed

itunes doesn't allow artwork on .mov's. as far as i know, the file must be in an mp4 container (with a mp4 or m4v extension). the easiest way i've found to deal with this was to use MPEG Streamclip and save the file as MP4.

hope that helps.. if that's not your problem, please post more details of the file.

:)

5. Malcster macrumors 6502

Interesting, my VisualHub files that don't work are certainly .mp4's (converted from DivX files), whether its just a container or a complete re-code i havent checked. I don't have the file information to hand at the moment, but thanks for the tip.

6. everhage macrumors newbie

I have the same problem and it has to do with the way movies are converted. If I convert an DVD-Image or videoTS folder with handbrake to a MP4 file I can alter the images in Itunes. However when I convert a DivX file in Visualhub to a Ipod file (predefined settings) artwork cannot be altered. I can delete the artwork that is originally there, but when I replace it with a DVD cover or other image Itunes freezes. In short, the problem seems to be in converting files through Visualhub and I have no clue as to how this can be fixed.

7. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Thanks for the feedback, guys. My problem is the SAME. This is a movie I converted with VisualHub. Maybe we should e-mail their support?

-Kevin

8. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

i know this is an old thread - has this issue been fixed?

9. billbobdole Guest

GOT IT!! holy smokes was i stumped! all were itunes-made .m4a's, and got the old "not modifiable" & repaired permissions, etc failed.

answer: NONE of the tracks had any info, besides the track name. Someone suggested it needed something in the artist field, but no deal. Then bam! it's the TRACK FIELD that needs something in it (the first one). I clicked out tracks 1-10 in that field (and no others), and now i can happily drag & drop artwork WITHOUT doing it in an info window! the "selected item" and "now playing" toggle still gets me tho..

EDIT: I just had one case where it still didn't take with just the track field, but filling the Album field (and no others heh) triggered it.. EDIT2: seems to need the name field as well, so those 3 (album, artist, [first] track fields) :p

10. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Must be luck - i've tried modifying pretty much every field, and it still won't accept the artwork

11. billbobdole Guest

D: wow! just for kicks you should fill every field with something - and if it works go backwards.. i c that it's happening to people on different OSes, itunes vers, mp3/mp4.. :p