Album artwork

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by samaravic, Aug 12, 2013.

1. samaravic macrumors newbie

I have loads of mp3 ripped from my own collection when I add the albums via iTunes auto add folder most of the time it skips the album cover jpg and I tunes say can't get artwork for it any ideas please

2. Troneas, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013

Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

the most common reason it cannot get artwork is because the mp3 file is missing crucial information.

go into any album or song and select *get info*. from there, choose the *info* tab and make sure the song name, artist name and album are all there and properly spelled.

those three fields are the most essential. the rest can be filled in but if there is a mistake on some of the other fields itunes might not recognise the song (and hence the artwork for it) even if the three essential fields are correct.

3. samaravic thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks I will check the info in them fields hopefully it will be sorted

4. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Happens to me. I go to the Internet and find the album cover myself and then add it manually. iTunes always does it. Not worth bothering with it.

5. samaravic thread starter macrumors newbie

Not wishing to sound thick but how to album art work ?

6. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Find the appropriate album pic on the Internet. Go into iTunes and then your music library and click on the song without artwork. Click get info and you can then add the album pic from your computer :)
    I always do this for missing artwork.

7. samaravic thread starter macrumors newbie