Album Cover Art Not Displaying

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by photogpab, Jul 22, 2012.

1. photogpab, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012

photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

This keeps happening to me... I'll launch iTunes and random albums will be missing their cover art. If I right click a song from the album, and chose "get info", suddenly the album artwork displays again!

And its unpredictable. Some days most of my artwork displays fine, and some days I scroll thru iTunes and tons and tons of albums have artwork that wont show.

Heres a small example:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

very frustrating. anyone encountered this issue? any tips? I'm not sure if perhaps its an iTunes Match issue?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Is the artwork stored on every song in the album? If not, copy the artwork and paste with all songs of the album selected.

3. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

yep. im really OCD when it comes to stuff like this. I've meticulously organized every album to have proper cover art, track title, album title, etc etc... im really particularly with my iTunes library.

haha. like i said, when an album has missing cover art, i check it track by track to confirm the artwork really is there. and it is! it just wont show when browsing itunes.

the weird part is, if i select "get info" on a track, and then go to the artwork tab, suddenly the artwork starts displaying again for the entire album.

frustrating and seems to have a mind of its own. works sometimes, other times it doesnt.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can try closing iTunes and reopening, to see if that helps. Also, if you don't know about it already, Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes is a great resource for managing your iTunes tags and files.

Here are a few scripts that I've found particularly useful: