Album Duplicates in Music App?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by C0SM0, Oct 23, 2013.

1. C0SM0 macrumors member

Since updating to iOS 7, I've noticed that a few of my albums are listed in the album view of the music app multiple times. Everything looks fine in iTunes, but on my iPhone, they show up more than once. The first instance of the albums show up in alphabetical order, like they are supposed to, but also appear elsewhere. For example: I have an album called Hits Alive by Brad Paisley. It appears under the H heading along with my other albums that start with the letter H, but it also appears under the # number heading. Also, when I open the album to view the tracks, the list of tracks repeats itself 3 times, complete with album art heading, number of songs, etc.

I've deleted all of the songs from my phone, and copied them back, but I haven't been able to fix this strange problem.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. cchunk macrumors 6502

This has actually happened for my artists. I have 5 Kanye west artists and they are all spread out meaning they aren't even alphabetical and are just random. Everything in iTunes is perfect but on my phone, not so much.

3. C0SM0 thread starter macrumors member

I actually figured out a way to fix my problem with duplicate albums. I don't know if it will help you or not, but I fixed mine by filling in the fields for Sort Album, Sort Artist, and Sort Album Artist.

Originally, I had these blank because I didn't see the need for them, and once I filled them in, only one album appears on my iPhone instead of two or three. I left everything else the same.

I'm not sure why this worked, but it seems to have helped me out. Hopefully doing this will help you as well.

Good Luck :)