Album listed twice ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chall5, Oct 25, 2007.

1. chall5 macrumors regular

I have 2 tracks from the album Things To Make and Do by Moloko. My Touch doesn't seem to realise these tracks are from 1 album and shows the album twice - this is the only album this happens to, the album tag is exactly the same (believe me I have checked)

Anyone else experienced this ? If so how did you solve it ? I *think* its the same in iTunes (but can't check right this moment)

2. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

i have had this problem a couple of times also. I was able to fix it by making sure that the album artist was set to the same value. Most of the time i changed it to nothing, but if i have a cd by a certain artist with tracks that feature other artists, I set the album artist to the main artist of the cd. That way they all show up under the same album, but the respective tracks still have their featured artists.

Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know how things go

3. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

Also check to ensure the album name is the same on all tracks. I had a couple of albums that had some songs with 1 letter in a different case to the rest of the songs, although they showed up as 1 album in iTunes and on my 5th Gen iPod, they showed up as different albums on the touch.

4. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I get this all the time in iTunes. Make sure that all of the info for the album is identical ie album name (upper and lower case letters etc), genre, date and also comments can affect it.
    Hope that helps.

5. csmitty macrumors regular

Yea just go back in itunes and highlight all the songs in the album, go to album info and retype in the album name, even if its all the same. I have one on mine right now that i need to go back and fix.

6. chall5 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok fixed it, there was a space after the Album name - this lead iTunes to think it was a different album - phew, I'm getting a bit anal about my tags and having good res artwork

7. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Yeah Im not like that either... ;)
    I like having it all neat and tidy
    Its the same with all my folders aswell, but thats another story

8. DeadlyB macrumors member

I'll have to check that... a few albums of mine have the same problem.

9. townsend666 macrumors newbie

Part of compilation

Well I've encountered this problem many times with iTunes9, and the reason every time has been that for some reason most of the songs in the album are marked as "part of compilation" (the check-box is checked) and then some of them aren't.

So, when I uncheck the checkbox in the properties of all songs (because it's not a compilation album, but a normal album) the problem goes away, album is now listed only once. Problem solved.

10. pilotrtc macrumors regular

I have found the opposite: When I check the "part of compilation" checkbox, the different artists listed for the same album doesn't split the album. (?)

11. xybeptek macrumors newbie

Rebuild titles

All I found I have to do is change the album title of the problem mp3s by adding any character to the end of it, then reversing the steps. Example: "Fat Of The Land" and "Fat Of The Land" are identical but showing twice = Rename one of those albums "Fat Of The Landdd", hit "OK" then go back in a second time and rename it back to "Fat Of The Land". You may need to do that with ALBUM, ARTIST, and/or ALBUM ARTIST, depending on who the hidden culprit is. iTunes will now update the songs into one album before your eyes;).