Album Lyrics Displayed?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Darkroom, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

i just noticed that this bjork album displays lyrics for all tracks on the album... it appears to be the only album on my iPod that will do this automatically. it's a bit of a surprise since i have never downloaded any 3rd party app that will do this...

i would like to have lyrics for all albums but i don't see any options in iTunes to manage this.

here's a screenshot:

Attached Files:

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Did you check the Lyrics field in iTunes? right click->get info->Lyrics tab

I would have no clue how it got there (i'm 99% sure you have to fill it in yourself), but that is the "official" place to stick them.

That is cool though!!

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Typically you have to find the lyrics yourself and download them and then use "Get Info" for the song and cut/paste. You can google "lyrics (song name)" and usually find the lyrics. There are quite a few sites devoted to lyrics. There's nothing to stop the iTunes store from including the lyrics when you purchase the song, but it's not always there.

4. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Just search for the lyrics on google and add them as above said.

5. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

you're right... i see them there...

weird this is that i never filled this out! the mystery continues...

6. mBox macrumors 68020

Ive always wanted an app that does this for you. Isnt that what Gracenotes is for?

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Gracenotes helps you find the songs, not the lyrics. It's even harder to find the lyrics for some folk songs since different artists sing the same song with slightly different lyrics.

8. mBox macrumors 68020

Actually they have a new option in GraceNotes for lyrics. Its weird that no ones created an app yet.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't think playing with iTunes music files is allowed in apple's iphone sdk -- hence, no app store apps that finds and adds lyrics to your music files. Oh, and even if there were an app that did that, currently, there's no apple-approved way to sync the added lyrics back to your computer, as computer-ipod music sync works only one way. :(

10. tangfred macrumors member

There's an iTunes plugin that will do this. Soundcrank.

11. old-wiz macrumors G3

they don't have a Mac version of Soundcrank yet.

12. SteveSimpkin macrumors newbie

13. mBox macrumors 68020

14. sangosimo Guest

sangosimo

you can always use foobar2000 in windows with the lyrics grabber plugin.

15. riciad macrumors 6502

16. lozzy1234567890 macrumors member

Theres also a good one i know of, a very simple one called Sing that itune which is a widget that searchs for one in its own database and displays it, there is also the option of saving it into the songs lyrics tab automatically, so its good, the only problem is that it doe not always have the lyrics, so u then press the infamous i on the widget and press google:D hope this helps, it also downloads album art

17. purd002 macrumors member

i use iArt, but it's $10. It adds missing album art and lyrics automatically.

If you "borrow" someone elses files, the lyrics stay encoded when you import that file into your itunes database.

18. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

My ipod has done this also, but only for once song: Jon Lajoie "Everyday Normal Guy". And its kinda odd because its more of an internet song (not available on itunes).