Album missing from coverflow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danielforman, Feb 9, 2008.

1. danielforman macrumors regular

I noticed today that one of my albums, Feeder - The Singles, was not appearing in coverflow on my iPhone so thought I must not have transferred it onto my iPhone anyway when I looked in iTunes on my mac it was in my library so I checked my iPhone and was definitely not in coverflow but was appearing as usual in all other menus in the iPod function.

Anyway after resyncing and deleting the album and readding it I still had the same problem. So I changed the Album Info and it tunes out that if I set the Album Name to The Singles (which it officially is and even comes up in the iTunes store) it won't appear in coverflow on my iPhone but if I name it The Single's with the apostrophe or any other name it will appear. Appears fine in cover flow on iTunes on the Mac and PC

Strange ay. Anyone else noticed this before with either this album or any other album?

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

that is very weird..i have had album art not show before, but it never really bothered me that much

3. danielforman thread starter macrumors regular

There is no like blank album art for it either it is just completely missing. I'm not to worried about it but thought it a bit strange

4. lukeholl macrumors member

lukeholl

Yeah I've had this exact same problem on my iPhone before. You don't happen to have another album called The Singles do you?

On my phone I had Feeder, and Basement Jaxx, and both albums appeared under Basement Jaxx. The correct album art should be shown when the songs playing though!

Despite the different artists, the iPhone seems to treat them both as the same because of the album name. I just renamed one of the albums to, for example, Feeder - The Singles, and now they both appear individually :)