iPod Album View?

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
I really hope that Steve didn't just call this the "even better than everything else view."

I'm the last person who would ever want to say this - but this is straight out of WMP...I remember reading about it on Thurrott's site and laughing at the idea, calling it the dumbest thing ever. If he had pointed out that you were being given even more options than WMP gives you (which is still silly, since iT should be the leader, not the follower), it wouldn't have been so bad.

I'm ashamed. I can already see the Cupertino Copier jokes coming...:mad:

quangdiggity

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
2nyRiggz said:
I'm glad I didnt download coverflow(was tempted) but now that steve ripped off that guy its all good.

iTunes 7 is the best news I heard in that "showtime" crap

Bless
Saw this over at arstechnica.

Posted September 12, 2006 13:49 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete Message
Catfish dropped by IRC and said that he can't comment and that Apple DID NOT STEAL IT!!!

Congrats Cat!
Catfish is the author of cover flow.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Well then, I guess I was wrong. Maybe WMP is the ripoff of CoverFlow (which it appears Apple bought from this Catfish Hunter namesake)...I feel much better now.:D

But, I still think it's stupid (watch me d/l iT7 tonight and make it my primary view)

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Ha! I wasn't crazy. Just a little quick. It is the Album View that is too close to WMP for me to be comfortable. That being said, I still wouldn't be surprised if WMP ripped it off of something else. Anyway, here is a screenshot