Albums appearing more than once

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jr866gooner, Jan 26, 2014.

1. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Hello,

I renamed all my tracks to put them into albums and sort them so I could easily find certain songs (I came from android where my entire collection was in folders on an SD card) anyway I did all this and they display as below.

[​IMG]

What would be the cause oh this and how can I correct it?

2. gaanee macrumors 6502a

The albums have different Album Artist tag, so hat's why it shows as separate albums. If all the songs belong to one Album then use a common Album Artist and have individual artist's name under Artist tag. That way it will group all the songs into one Album from the same Album artist.

3. jr866gooner thread starter macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Ah I see so there are various tracks with the name of the artist featuring someone so that the tracks with the artist alone are separate to the ones where there is an additional artist! Now that makes sense!

4. gaanee macrumors 6502a

Just out of curiosity since i haven't used android, how was the music arranged on android? did it also show as separate albums and do you have the same tags?

5. jr866gooner thread starter macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Albums appearing more than once

Well I used to just have mp3 tracks of which were tagged but I used to have them in sub folders of the main music folder. I didn't have an application to manage the tracks etc. my samsung phone would just have a music player that would see the structure. I'd simply play it by navigating to the folder I wanted. There was an option to show by album in the player but rarely used it (if at all) since the folder structure was set how I wanted at the time.

Having iTunes gives me greater flexibility in managing my music. I'm still learning and trying to find how I really want it displaying on the device.