Albums occasionally "fall out" of folders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zorinlynx, Apr 7, 2016.

1. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

It happened once before, and it was a fluke, but it just happened again today.

I have several albums organized in folders, and somehow they got moved out of the folders into the "root".

Thankfully the contents of the albums remained the same, and all the albums are there. Just the fact that they were in folders changed. Anyone else seen this happen? Am I going crazy? Don't answer that last one. :)

2. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

Are these albums synced through iTunes from a folder in your Mac?

3. zorinlynx thread starter macrumors 601

zorinlynx

No, they're synced through iCloud Photo Library.

The falling out of folders happened on all three devices I have synced with the library.

4. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

This happened to me too. I'm still figuring out the cause. I think it happens on every software update but not sure. Another problem that occurs randomly too is my "recently deleted" album just moves all the way down to the last folder which is annoying if you have a ton of albums. I was able to fix this by deleting the "iPod photo cache" album (in my synced folder on my mac) before syncing my iPhone/iPad.

5. zorinlynx thread starter macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Okay, we're using our devices differently, but have one thing in common: For both of us it happened after a software update.

The first time I had just upgraded to 9.3, and this time was when I upgraded to 9.3.2 beta (from 9.3.1).

I would have just blamed the beta, but it happened before when not upgrading to a beta so that threw a wrench in things. I'm guessing it's just a bug that hits when you update.

6. zorinlynx thread starter macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Hmm, this just happened again after updating both my Macs to Sierra 10.12.4. It was a lot worse this time, and I spent a good half hour fixing it.

I believe it's been traced to the Mac OS update, not iOS, because I've been running the beta all this time without issue and today suddenly things are scrambled after updating.