Albums on iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Bilalo, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Does anyone know whether in iOS 6, when you add a picture or pictures from your camera roll to an album if it will dissapear from camera roll and juststay in the album?

Its soo frusttrating as I dont categorize everything into different albums but some things I do and its annoying when I open a camera roll with 900 pictures and 400 of them are spread throughtout the camera roll while they are n the album -_- its just stupid... On desktops you make a folder to spread things not make copies... Sigh... And does making albums make doubles of everything taking more space or not?
    Does photostream also take more space or not?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

iOS is not a desktop OS and does not function like one. Surprise!

Putting photos in albums does not double storage space, called pointers.

Photostream most likely uses up some storage space for caching.

3. Bilalo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but thenalbum thing is stupid, androids and just normal old phones allowed you to make folders and seperate photos, i woudlnt expect less from apple at all... They should make them this way.. They should also allow us to erase a photo or an album that was synced from the laptop

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

The different "Albums" are more like Labels. Think of how email works in gmail. You can add "Labels" to your email messages but they are also in the "all mail" section. This concept is similar to how camera roll stores all pictures and then your albums are like labels.