Albums showing up multiple times in iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blackmags, Dec 9, 2009.

1. blackmags macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

I have two albums that do this, each one is listed twice in the artist section, both names are the same and the full album shows when I click on each album. I've gone though on the computer and made sure there aren't any funky things in the album info, and even deleted the songs and re added them.

A few things of note:
    -Double albums show up in both artist and album view, but songs don't show up as duplicated.
    -In iTunes the songs only show as being on there once.
    -If I go to 1 copy of the album and play a song, and then go back to the second copy of the album, it will show the play symbol by the song.

Any help is appreciated, also feel free to ask questions if you don't understand my question.

2. blackmags thread starter macrumors newbie

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I've had things like this happen before but not on the iPhone. You might try copying the album to a safe place and then deleting it and see what happens when you resync. If it's there once, you know it's located somewhere else.

4. BebopCola macrumors newbie

I'm still having this problem. Has anybody figured out a solution yet?

These are not compilation albums - there is only one artist. All the songs show up under each copy of the album. When a song is playing on one copy of the album, the "playing" icon shows up under every copy of the album.

5. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

If I were you guys, I would double check to see if for some reason one has the "Album Artist" field filled in, and the other does not. This has messed me up so many times, and I think I finally mastered the album artist crap.

Either that, or shift(or ctrl)+click on the tracks and edit them all at once, selecting each box in the Info tab when you click "More Info"

6. BebopCola macrumors newbie

Just an update for posterity - I fixed the problem. It was differing information in the "sorting" fields, which had previously escaped my inspection. Thanks for the reply.