Albums vs Movies

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fearless Leader, Sep 4, 2007.

?

Albums or Movies?

1. Album

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Movie

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Just wondering What do you like more? A good album or good movie?
    or both? Dark side of the Rainbow? :cool:

Also I find it weird I can listen to an album over and over again and it not get old but only watch a movie a few times before I hate it for a while.

2. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

There are some movies that I can watch every day and not get tired of them, and there are some albums that I like but can only listen to every once in a while because they get old by the time the album is finished. But in general you are right.

3. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I would argue that the interaction is totally different. With a movie, you need to be engaged, watching and listening. With an album, you can listen while working or doing other things. Also, albums can be a collection of "singles," as is common today, or a conceptual piece, such as Quadrophenia, The Wall, The White Album, etc. The conceptual pieces demand a bit more attention, but not to the same extent as a movie. Perhaps a better comparison would be a music video or a concert on DVD.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you're talking about value, I'd get more value from a CD. I'm sorry, but despite how expensive some people say they are, they provide entertainment value for years.