Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
I have some rubbing alcohol and I was wondering if it would be safe to put it on my MPB's aluminum or the screen??

thanks

anirban

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Houston, TX
I personally would not do it on my MBP. Just a damp cotton cloth is all that my MBP gets to clean itself.

Using alcohol may take the finish off.... at the most, just maybe, use a glass cleaner.

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
No no no no no!!! Absolutely not on the screen, and not a good idea on the aluminum case either. It's too strong a cleaner.

triddent222

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2007
Somewhere interesting
Sure*, alcohol is a wonderful anti-bacterial, and most remarkable cleanser.

Do post pictures after your little cleaning episodes, yes?

I shall not be held liable to any damage to the unit, or the user him/herself. Proceed at your own risk. Inappropriate use of any substance is not advised. Consult your user-manual for further information. By reading to this terms of use and conditions, you hereby agree to its clauses and shall be held liable for any end results. Go Cows.

mchank

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Do not use alcohol or any type of glass cleaner on your screen. The chemicals are much too harsh and you'll end up with a nice foggy area on your screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.