Aldus Pagemaker 4.0

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by elibarb, Oct 26, 2011.

1. elibarb, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

elibarb macrumors newbie

--edit--
    So apparently I was able to fix my own problem. It's been too long and I don't remember all the old tricks. Before starting the install process I inserted and ejected each diskette so that the icon for each disk remained on the desktop. Then the install went find and asked correctly for each diskette in sequence.
    --/edit--

So I've recently got a LCIII up and running and I have all the Aldus Pagemaker floppy disks. However when I step through the install process from DISK 1 it eventually spits it out and asks for DISK 1 again. In the background you can see it asking for DISK 2, but after you reinsert DISK 1 like it asks it just acts like nothing has happened and it won't allow you to insert DISK2 for it's part until you either insert DISK 1 or cancel the install. I don't suppose anyone has seen this in the past? Love to hear any suggestions. Thanks.

Mac LCIII
    no FPU
    20MB HD
    System 7.5

2. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Brings back memories... :eek:

Like MS Office 4.2 failing on disk 29.... :eek:

3. RossFrank macrumors newbie

Can you use Apple training materials for Aldus PM 4.0?

We have the Apple training leader's guide modules for Aldus 4.0. It comprises the contents of 2 huge binders of course materials and 2 box folders of Reproduction Masters. Will send for shipping cost (USPS Priority Mail late flat- rate box). Any taker?