Alert tones aren't working

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Ok so I have an iPhone 4,& all of a sudden JUST the alert tones r busted,(I.e. messages tones,lock sounds,keyboard clicks).
No my phone isn't on silent,my ringer volume isn't turned down,I recently installed sireet and I have removed that,still nothing. I've rebooted,resprung,and done hard resets many times.

So any other helpful ideas that don't involve restoring?

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
This happened to me last year. Literally nothing fixed it, not even restoring. I had to get mine swapped out at the Genius Bar because everyone was pretty stumped.

Text tones, music, and alert sounds didn't work, but I could still get call ringtones to play. It was so weird

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
Ok so I have an iPhone 4,& all of a sudden JUST the alert tones r busted,(I.e. messages tones,lock sounds,keyboard clicks).
No my phone isn't on silent,my ringer volume isn't turned down,I recently installed sireet and I have removed that,still nothing. I've rebooted,resprung,and done hard resets many times.

So any other helpful ideas that don't involve restoring?
I noticed that happening sometimes on my iPhone 5 also. I think it's iOS 6. The lock sounds would be really quiet even though I bring up the multi-task menu to change the volume of the sound effects (not the ringer volume), those sounds are still soft.

But as soon as I open up an app like a game and then adjust the audio up or down, the lock sounds return to the same volume as the game I was last in.

This didn't happen with iOS 5.

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
I noticed that happening sometimes on my iPhone 5 also. I think it's iOS 6. The lock sounds would be really quiet even though I bring up the multi-task menu to change the volume of the sound effects (not the ringer volume), those sounds are still soft.

But as soon as I open up an app like a game and then adjust the audio up or down, the lock sounds return to the same volume as the game I was last in.

This didn't happen with iOS 5.
I should've clarified a little better,I'm on iOS 5.1.1
I decided to wait for reviews b4 updating to 6:)

gdbooth

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
Minnesota
I've had similar problems with iMessage, email, and MotionX GPS Drive. Go into another app like a game or music and adjust the volume up and the problem app is once again loud enough again.

Problem seen on iOS 5 and 6 on iPhone 4, 4S and 5