Alerts...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by dwfaust, Sep 9, 2016.

1. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I've been here for over 5 years... and went through the forum software upgrade, and survived it.

Lately I've noticed a change to the ALERTS process... here's part of a screenshot that shows a new change as far as I know: New Threads, Alerts.

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 4.50.12 PM.png

Since noticing this change, I am also seeing alerts (under the "flag" icon on the upper right corner) when someone starts a new thread in one of the forums that I am watching.

How can I revert the behavior to the way it was prior to this? I want to see when people quote/reply to one of my posts, but don't want to see an alert every time someone creates a new thread.

I've been through the preferences and haven't found a setting to fix this. Anyone?

2. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

Sorry I can't give you a screenshot. But if you go to that same "Watched Forums" page and look down to the bottom left side you'll see "With selected" . That has a dropdown menu. One of the choices is "Disable alerts". Tick a box of a forum that currently says "Alerts" ( like the example in your OP) and then click go at the "Disable alerts" dropdown.