Aliases not showing up in Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rojo, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Not sure if this is the right forum.

Basically, my boyfriend's .mac (or should I say MobileMe - this might have something to do with the mess going on right now with that service) aliases are suddenly NOT showing up as an option in his Mail application when he's composing a new e-mail. They DO show up if he signs onto me.com on the web (both the .mac AND new .me versions of his addresses), just not in Mail. (I don't seem to be having this problem with my own Mail and aliases).

Any ideas what the problem might be? He really needs those aliases for work purposes, and it's become awkward to have to reply to people with his main account e-mail, which isn't as professional.

2. cwilson71 macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I noticed this too after the mobile me upgrade. Fortunately the solution is incredibly simple.

In Mac Mail, go to the mail menu, preferences, accounts and select the mobile me imap account.

In the "Email Address:" field you will see the primary account address, add a comma to the end, a space, and the alias e-mail address. Repeat for other alias addresses linked to that account.

-Chad

3. Rojo thread starter macrumors 65816

Rojo