Alice - Through the Looking Glass

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by rocklifter, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocklifter macrumors newbie

I have a copy of Alice Through the Looking Glass, 1984 release, in really great shape. Original packaging, I don't think it was ever installed on a machine. I'm going to put it up on eBay and have no real idea of what to ask for it. Any ideas for me?
    You can read more about this cool software package at:
    http://folklore.org/StoryView.py?pr...der=Sort by Date&detail=medium&showcomments=1
    Any input would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Do you still have this? This game sounds pretty interesting.

3. krye macrumors 68000

krye

4. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

WhaT! The last one I followed on ebay a couple of years ago went for about £50 ($100), it was complete with leather look book box. I bid up to £35 so missed out.

5. rocklifter thread starter macrumors newbie

Sold the game

I'd imagine the previous poster will sell you a download or copy of the game on disc, not the original package.

I did sell mine. It went for $100 on eBay about a week ago.

:)

6. macintricks macrumors newbie

This Is Insane

Sigh. "Through The Looking Glass" should be widely available across cyberspace. It's part of Apple's history. Yet, folks seem to think the packaging is more valuable than perpetuating the life of a program by making it into a disk image for public use. I will admit, the packaging is very cool, but quite rare.

It is incorrectly thought the game prototype "Alice" is equivalent to the commerical release "Through The Looking Glass".

"Alice" is available on Macintosh Garden, but for some reason, not "Through The Looking Glass". It seems to me that "Alice" would be a very difficult program to get since it was never officially released, and "Through The Looking Glass" would be commonplace on historical Macintosh software sites.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the two seem to be one and the same.

8. macintricks macrumors newbie

9. macintricks macrumors newbie

To Be More Precise...

In reality, the Cheshire Cat menu is normally in both programs. The version on Macintosh Garden is either a very early version of the game, or it has been corrupted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.