Aliens caused Sicily fires, say officials

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Blue Velvet, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Aliens were responsible for a series of unexplained fires in fridges, TV’s and mobile phones in an Italian village, according to an Italian government report.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/26/waliens126.xml

...and wrapping up tonight's news;

Man who had sex with bike in court

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/26/nsex126.xml

'night all. ;)

2. Queso macrumors G4

LOL. Yeah, that's right. Case closed. :D

Mind you, "aliens" isn't exactly a better explanation is it?

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I don't know about anyone else, but if I were a demon-type with immense powers then I'd probably use them to possess people, burn down churches and commit similar acts of ungodly depravity. Making the fuse go in some old dear's toaster probably wouldn't come too high up my list of priorities...

4. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

Oh, and don't forget to put your clocks back tomorrow night (UK).

5. Queso macrumors G4

Obviously. But don't do it if you're in Italy. Apparently they explode in your face!! :eek:

6. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Oh man, those aliens sound totally sweet. I wish I had super advanced technology, just so I could mess with lower life forms.

7. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

All they need is a flux capacitor and suddenly the novelty of blowing up household electronics wears off! :rolleyes:

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

9. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

OK so I live in the UK too, but I have a hard time believing this story. AFAIK there's no such law as 'sexual breach of the peace'. Breach of the peace yes, but not 'sexual breach of the peace'.

(Google confirms the event happened btw)

So he was mucking about with a bike, but in PRIVATE in his own room. They forced open his hotel room, they're the ones who should be charged with breach of his peace.

I'm deaf. If someone busts into my hotel room and catches me with my partner, or watching the hotel's own 'special' channels, would l I be put on the sex offences register too?

Edit: Google now says 'in Scotland it is an offense to simulate sex with an inanimate object'. So putting a condom on is illegal? Using a dildo is illegal in scotland? Will they close down all the legal council licensed sex shops down Leith way?

10. Lau Guest

Yes, I thought that too. I don't really see the crime here – I presume the bike wasn't too bothered and the door was locked.

Edit: We've been burst in on by over-zealous chambermaids before. Even if you put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, they still start phoning to see if you're still there. "Yes, we are, and we don't want the room cleaned. We'll take the sign off when we go out". On the third day we, er, weren't in a position to be answering the phone, and so they just came in. Fortunately there was a corridor bit preserving our modesty, and a unanimous "**** OFF!" got an "Oops, sorry!" and they buggered off. But honestly. What's the point of the Do Not Disturb sign if they just come in?

I was most incensed, and have much sympathy for bike-shagging man.

11. Queso macrumors G4

An excellent post on all points.

12. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

Sure it was a hotel room? Not disputing the intrusion of privacy... but having lived in a hostel, I know that hostel workers have a right to go almost where they like without your permission.

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

That seems about right to me....the only way to get to our souls is through our appliance.

Wish I had one in my toaster....pop some toast every morning.

Bless