Alignment in Word

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lappinhk, Sep 6, 2009.

1. lappinhk macrumors newbie

Very basic question, but I cannot change the default vertical alignment in Word to 0. it is set at 6 and every time I open a new Word doc I have to manually select all text and change.

Forgive dumb question.

Thanks for any help

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

You need to update your template to set your alignment the way that you want it to. For more information on using templates, check out the Word help for "template". Also, here's some information from the Word MVPs: Using Global Templates to add functionality to MacWord.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. zacl87 macrumors member

Only sort of on the same topic, whenever I open word, either a new or old document, the window is never fit to my screen and never in the top left corner. It gives me the *****.
    I've tried re shaping it to fit, closing, then opening again to see if it's learnt the position (like with finder) but no dice.
    any idea?
    cheers

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Open the Normal file and arrange it to suit you, then save it.

The Normal template is stored in /Users/<your user name>/Documents/Microsoft User Data. (If Word can't find the Normal template in this location, it creates a new Normal template in this location that contains the standard Word document formats and the standard menu, toolbar, and shortcut key settings.)