Alive and kicking!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MagicThief83, Oct 20, 2012.

1. MagicThief83 macrumors 6502

To all the pundits and naysayers who erroneously claimed the Apple desktops were dead, we can clearly see now based on the impending iMac and Mac Mini refreshes next week, that Apple has not forsaken their desktop consumer base, and that there is a always a reason and method to their secret madness! The Mac Pro will also share the spotlight in due time. I can't wait to get an iMac and I'm super stoked!!! :D :apple: :D

2. joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

Let's just wait and see what they release first.

I'm still worried that the new iMac will simply be a rMBP logic board inside an absurdly thin case, running hot, slow, noisy and with a crippled GPU.

At least we know there's unlikely to be retina screens, so there's one small benefit.

I'm not going to start cheering too loudly if the iMac takes a step backwards from where it is right now, especially since it's almost two years old.

3. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Let's see.

As of now we really know nothing re desktops. Could even be - not saying it is, but could be for all we know - a purely iPad Mini and rMBP 13 event.

Even if the iMac does arrive there is nothing to say that many people here won't be very unhappy.

Or could just be a face-saving refresh a la the Mac Pro.

4. bobright macrumors 601

5. MagicThief83 thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol, I was "stroked" too and it also felt good. Sorry man, you set yourself up!!!

6. Nandifix macrumors 6502

Im excited as well but try and keep calm as for all we know the iMac could not even be shown at the event, although i doubt it very much because of all the stock shortages and SKU's.