All about Indy and the skull...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cornopaez, May 24, 2008.

1. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

Hey guys, long time no see... at least the Forums.

A couple of days ago I went to see the midnight show of Indy Jones and the Skull and I thought it went well but it didn't have that same impact and awe as when I watched the old Indy movies... I've heard many people complain about the movie: some say is good, some say is bad some say "bah-"... I'd say I'm going to side with the people that say is a good movie, packed with good action scenes and and interesting plot.

What do you think?

2. runxc24 macrumors member

I think it was a solid movie, although the ending kind of ruined it for me. Aliens and a portal into another dimension? Really? It seemed a bit over the top, along with Indy's survival of a nuclear bomb in a refrigerator blasted miles into the air. Overall, I really liked it though.

3. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Maybe because you're not 10 years old any more?

4. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

The plot was beyond stupid, but I liked it in a stupid fun way. Definitely worth 9 bucks and an evening for 2 hours of solid, no thinking required entertainment.

5. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I liked the movie because from a pure Lucasfilm-fan, it ended in a classic way. Originally it was meant to be made decades ago, so I'm glad to see it blended well with the other films. I especially like that... well the ending.

Oh, and the fact that neither Lucas nor Spielberg will see a profit until the film brings in $400M, or so I've read. Glad to see they've reached a point where they can accomplish personal dreams/ambitions.

6. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I liked the first half a lot. Second half was kind of a let down. Maybe I just liked seeing Indy again.

7. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

All Indy movies are over the top. Thats what makes these great.