All about real world usage...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davistld01, Sep 14, 2014.

1. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

After going back and forth over whether to buy a 4.7" iPhone 6 or a 5.5" iPhone 6+...and finally leaning towards the plus, I suddenly realized today how much I use my current iPhone 5 with one hand. Very rarely, in fact, do I use it two handed.

I am thinking since I have medium sized hands at best...the iPhone 6 is the clearest choice. Sure, the smallish additions to the camera and more screen real estate...plus maybe a smidgen more battery life, I still think I'd regret the larger size in practical day-to-day use. I mean, heck I've got an iPad retina mini for videos & such.

Anybody else get this sudden "revelation", and have changed their minds as to which model they'll get?

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

There are 500 threads about this topic. Plenty of conversations. Best to join those chats.

3. Ayr macrumors 6502

No way, I like this thread more.

4. Lasereyes macrumors member

I find it funny you only see these kind of boring justification posts from people going down in screen size but never up. We're not going to pat you on the back with reassurance; get the phone you want.

5. samg77 macrumors member

5.5" is not THAT much larger than 4.7" when it comes to something your holding in your hand. iOS 8 is allowing 3rd party keyboards, so Swype is coming to iOS, so you will be able to very easily type with one hand on the iPhone 6 plus (if you havn't had experience with Swype its an awesome much faster way to type, and it is designed, in fact demands one handed operation). Other than that what do you need two hands for? Just something you should consider.

6. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Do you feel better now about not landing a +? :p

7. Ayr macrumors 6502

It's all the difference between her cheating on you or not.

8. Angler macrumors regular

I had a dream, in that dream I ................

9. Ortiz7983 Suspended

All about real world usage...

Real world usage is correct!! 6 plus it is. I don't have *ussy ass hands.

10. Djentleman macrumors 6502

Djentleman

This. This. This. This. Perfectly said.

11. davistld01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Thank you for being the ONE & ONLY reply that wasn't from some arrogant, nerdy internet tough guy fanboy/fangirl. Your post did make me consider the larger screen size. I"ve never used Swype before.

To the rest of you...why do you feel you have to climb onboard and reply negatively to a thread if you are so against it? I have a right to post any thread topic I want as long as it's not offensive. You have every right to keep your negativity to yourselves.