All Activity Data gone on iOS App

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by el-John-o, Oct 31, 2016.

1. el-John-o macrumors 65816

Hey folks!

I've searched this issue to high heaven and have tried everything I've found, EXCEPT for backing up and restoring both the watch and the iPhone. Which is of course, the next step. But I thought I'd ask the ever wise and wonderful MacRumors users first, in case there's another solution.

The behavior is; for the last few days, the Activity App on iOS 10 has shown nothing; no data at all, as if I've never moved in my life. The reality is, I've hit all three goals every day I've owned my Apple Watch. The Watch itself reflects this. For example, I still get move streak and perfect week notifications; indicating the "watch" is aware of my history. But the phone is not.

Both the watch and iPhone (iPhone 7+) are on the latest versions of iOS. I'm using an Apple Watch Series 2.

I've tried:
    • Unpairing and re-pairing the Apple Watch
    • Restarting both devices
    • Putting the Watch in airplane mode for a while
    • Unpairing the watch, restarting both devices, THEN re-pairing the watch
    • Shouting at both devices loudly
    Thus far, I've not found any other solutions online except for a full wipe and restore. I'm certainly not opposed to doing it; but as I have a ton of data on my 256GB iPhone 7+ it takes a long time, it's inconvenient, and a real pain in the rear. So I want to exhaust every other option before doing that.

Thank you so much!

2. el-John-o thread starter macrumors 65816

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Good luck - let us know if the update fixes the issue.

4. el-John-o thread starter macrumors 65816

Woohoo! Just in time to get my first "perfect month" achievement! It worked!