Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
XIII said:
Another common misconception here.. they dont "serve" drinks as such.. :p You pay extortionate rates for millilitres of liquid.. :)

I love Independence Air (Flyi), they only serve non-alcholic drinks on their short flights. For FREE!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
OutThere said:
I understand who is good looking, but I think most straight men here can agree with me in saying that there is something much stronger than "Hey, she really is pretty," that hits you when a really hot woman walks by...which I've never experienced when a man has walked by. Same with gay men? I'm confused...

You're not the only one.

If I see a pretty girl, that's what she is. If she's "hot," then there's a difference.

Whether a man is "handsome" or "hot," I can't really tell the difference.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
iAlan said:
You left one out - I am presuming it was the "male stewardess"? Or not....mmm?

I am gay but do not consider myself 'noticeably gay' but a straight friend and I were flying together and a female flight attendant was all over me. And she was hot. My friend was so pissed that I was getting the attention - so when the flight attendant was serving me a drink my friend happened to ask how my boyfriend was - loud enough for the flight attendant to hear - I knew he was doing it on purpoe and all in good fun, so I answered that he was fine. The flight attendant gave me a smile and a double-shot in my drink. We were in economy class, and a few minutes later the flight attendant came back and gave us each a business class toiletry pack. Well, the service and attention remained top class for the whole flight.

Toward the end of the flight I had to use the lavatory. While I was waiting the attendant came over and asked how the flight was and if I needed anything. I had to ask her why she was giving me and my friend that little bit of extra attention. Bottom line, she said she feels uncomfortable with a lot of the male passengers - they are not rude but there is often sexual innuendo and obvious ogling. I responded that she was very attractive and should take the attention as a compliment (I mean straight guys do thing about sex every 6 seconds, right...well gay guys think about it all the time!). She was not offended by my comment, she was quite happy - I guess being called attractive by a gay guy is a good thing? - but said she worked hard to keep her looks (gym, diet, etc) and even harder to perform her job to the best of her ability and that in any other work environment such attention as she got from male passengers could be considered sexual harassment.

I never thought of it that way - and I think we should keep this in mind when talking about all people we meet - be it on an airline, at a bank or any other service industry (and no not that service....)

BTW - I wonder if 1 out of 10 male flight attendants is gay - you know, to make the gay passengers buy more drinks and duty-free!

Maybe this explains why I have always gotten pretty decent service/attention from flight attendants. :) It could also be that I work in the service industry and try to approach those that work in service industry with a sense of respect and admiration.

Explains the number of free upgrades that I have gotten to first class. The best had to be back when Eastern Airlines was offering flight segments for $49 each way. My company had used them on a business trip. Never bothered to look at the tickets before leaving for the trip. Left out of DCA for STL; on the return I was expecting on heading back to DCA, but was imformed by the gate agent that my flight to BWI was delayed. :eek: The look on my face must have said it all! :) I confirmed with her that I was on a flight to BWI, not DCA. I lamented that my company did a good number on me, that my car was at DCA. She handed me my boarding pass to me, and told me that I could board at that time, I looked at her puzzled since they hadn't made the boarding announcement. She said that I looked like I needed a break, and that first class was getting ready to board!

Another time I was on a cross continental night owl. The guy next to me kept leaning over in to my space. Coach was pretty full. The flight attendant came by and asked if was OK. I told her that I didn't have the heart to wake this guy up. She whispered in my ear that there was a few seats in first class. That if I didn't mind returning to my assigned seat prior to landing, she would be happy to have me come forward so that I could get some rest too.

Kindness goes a long way in life....

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
efoto said:
You may have some lookers in the Australia/Asia area but they certainly are not on the German flights :p I had a flight on Lufthansa from Detroit, MI USA to Frankfurt, DE and man, they were....man! :eek:

I've seen some hot ones. I've seen some ugly ones. When I was a kid, a friends mom was a stewardess. She ditched her husband and ran off with a pilot.

As for Lufthansa, the only thing I know about it is a movie I saw in German class 15 years ago that they put together for tourism that featured a naked lady.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Chip NoVaMac said:
Another time I was on a cross continental night owl. The guy next to me kept leaning over in to my space. Coach was pretty full. The flight attendant came by and asked if was OK. I told her that I didn't have the heart to wake this guy up. She whispered in my ear that there was a few seats in first class. That if I didn't mind returning to my assigned seat prior to landing, she would be happy to have me come forward so that I could get some rest too.

Kindness goes a long way in life....

Ah man, I'm going to try this one, definitely. ;)

Too bad Virgin Blue is a budget airline and don't have 1st Class. The only upgrade they'd be able to give me is a seat and massage......while sitting on a hot stewardesses lap. ;)

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
Abstract said:
Ah man, I'm going to try this one, definitely. ;)

Too bad Virgin Blue is a budget airline and don't have 1st Class. The only upgrade they'd be able to give me is a seat and massage......while sitting on a hot stewardesses lap. ;)

Actually, Virgin Altantic do have in-flight massages up the front (they don't call it first class - I forget what name they give it).

You're right about the quality of the Virgin Blue hosties - shame the courts had to get involved and mess it up ;)

The BA hosties run a swingers party in Melbourne too... :p

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
Abstract said:
You're not the only one.

If I see a pretty girl, that's what she is. If she's "hot," then there's a difference.

Whether a man is "handsome" or "hot," I can't really tell the difference.

I agree. I may be the only straight man in the world who doesn't think Angelina Jolie is "hot". Pretty, but not hot. Why ask why?

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
devman said:
Actually, Virgin Altantic do have in-flight massages up the front (they don't call it first class - I forget what name they give it).

You're right about the quality of the Virgin Blue hosties - shame the courts had to get involved and mess it up ;)

The BA hosties run a swingers party in Melbourne too... :p
Are VA and VB both parts of Virgin?

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
greatdevourer said:
Are VA and VB both parts of Virgin?

Simple answer is yes. Although Virgin Blue, which is their Australian operation, is actually a joint venture with Patricks (I think). Branson's Virgin is the minority shareholder (I think).

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
MongoTheGeek said:
I've seen some hot ones. I've seen some ugly ones. When I was a kid, a friends mom was a stewardess. She ditched her husband and ran off with a pilot.

As for Lufthansa, the only thing I know about it is a movie I saw in German class 15 years ago that they put together for tourism that featured a naked lady.

The only thing I know about Lufthansa is free booze the entire trip! Best thing that ever happened to me on an airplane....next to joining that one club ;)

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Alright let me explain the differences between Hot, Cute, Pretty and Busted/Broke women.

Hot (Ha-ttt) or as i usually say it (Haaaaaaatttt) a hot woman is someone (usually blonde sometimes of the species brunette, but often is a blonde with dyed hair) who is extremely attractive yet appears to have zero personality or is a woman who you would like to engage in criminal activities with, yet have no intention of speaking with or talking to again. In fact in most cases not speaking with them would be preferable. Usually has extreme features and greek letters on her shirt, designer handbag, hair ribbon, or underwear(this has been confirmed).

Cute(Q - tt) this is a girl who displays girlfriend like qualities. Often can be seen with genuine brown hair and a small stature. Does not flaunt anything only showing enough to imagine what lies within. Frequently has a personality that men fall for. Funny, Goofy, Good at drinking games etc. Usually has well packaged all around features.

Busted/Broke - Everyone else, including girls that people say, "Eh she's cute", "Eh, shes nice", "Eh, but-ter face", "Eh Brown Bag"

Pictures displayed in this order: Hot, Cute, Broke

Attachments

• JessicaSimpson-11_273x400.jpg
    JessicaSimpson-11_273x400.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 48
  • katie holmes twins.jpg
    katie holmes twins.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 210.richie.nicole.090904.jpg
    210.richie.nicole.090904.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 110

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
iDM said:
Alright let me explain the differences between Hot, Cute, Pretty and Busted/Broke women.

Hot (Ha-ttt) or as i usually say it (Haaaaaaatttt) a hot woman is someone (usually blonde sometimes of the species brunette, but often is a blonde with dyed hair) who is extremely attractive yet appears to have zero personality or is a woman who you would like to engage in criminal activities with, yet have no intention of speaking with or talking to again. In fact in most cases not speaking with them would be preferable. Usually has extreme features and greek letters on her shirt, designer handbag, hair ribbon, or underwear(this has been confirmed).

Cute(Q - tt) this is a girl who displays girlfriend like qualities. Often can be seen with genuine brown hair and a small stature. Does not flaunt anything only showing enough to imagine what lies within. Frequently has a personality that men fall for. Funny, Goofy, Good at drinking games etc. Usually has well packaged all around features.

Busted/Broke - Everyone else, including girls that people say, "Eh she's cute", "Eh, shes nice", "Eh, but-ter face", "Eh Brown Bag"

I'm not 100% on the hot description, but that's pretty much it. Oh, and according to you, redheads don't exist :eek: You've left the best bit out!

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
iDM said:

#1... I'd hit it. THEN kick her outta the bed... dumb bimbo.

#2... I'd hit it! x2... especially the front chick. She's HOT... who's she? I wouldn't kick either outta the bed either - gotta convince them to back for seconds... thirds... and beyond!... Okay, back to the real world.

#3 Ugh... Only with beer goggles. And a brown bag.

geese

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
Ryanair are apparently hiring more eastern european air hostesses, maybe they are cheaper then their Irish counterparts. This will be a good thing as Eastern European women are loooovvveerllllyyyy!

Unless they are Aeroflot rejects.:eek:

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Raven VII said:
#3 Ugh... Only with beer goggles. And a brown bag.
Shocking, I don't really want to look close enough at that picture to make sure all three bitches are bitches and see if they've been flea dipped.

Anyways I though most cities had leash laws.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
^^The first confirmed photo of Lacero. Niiiiiice. ;)

greatdevourer said:
I'm not 100% on the hot description, but that's pretty much it.

Yeah, the "Hot" description is a bit off. I don't have a better description, but I just don't agree with that one.

And to me, there's pretty, cute, and hot. A girl could be pretty without being hot at all (no sexual desire for her), or cute.

And #1 (Jessica Simpson) isn't cute at all.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Abstract said:
Yeah, the "Hot" description is a bit off. I don't have a better description, but I just don't agree with that one.

And to me, there's pretty, cute, and hot. A girl could be pretty without being hot at all (no sexual desire for her), or cute.

And #1 (Jessica Simpson) isn't cute at all.

I think for me 'hot' is someone who is really sexually attractive, whereas someone who is 'cute' is someone who could be equally sexually attractive, but also looks like someone you would want to hold tight and be friends with (not that you couldn't be friends with someone 'hot'). Someone pretty to me is someone who's good looking but without the physical desires of someone cute or hot. :)

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
OutThere said:
I think for me 'hot' is someone who is really sexually attractive, whereas someone who is 'cute' is someone who could be equally sexually attractive, but also looks like someone you would want to hold tight and be friends with (not that you couldn't be friends with someone 'hot'). Someone pretty to me is someone who's good looking but without the physical desires of someone cute or hot. :)

While I don't fully agree on the 'hot' description I think that cute and pretty are more closely related than anyone has mentioned yet.

Cute to me is like a girl-next-door, best-friends-sister kind of thing. If you weren't sexually attracted to her you might take her under your wing as a lil' sister (but since you are sexually attracted to her, you can never EVER EVER refer to her as anything sounding like 'sis' because that's weird). Pretty is more of a step down from hot with no other special features, i.e. not that nice girl next door.

Everyone has their own terminology I'm sure. I prefer the following:
  • Hot-damn (the full-on skank effect. I would touch her only with three penis-helmets on....but she is fine)
  • Hot (less skanky but still more than a commoner)
  • Gorgeous (same as hot but less skanky)
  • Cute (like hot but more attainable, less whorish, more 'i could date her')
  • Pretty (like cute but one rung down the ladder)
  • OMG ***** nasty :p (i make big steps)
  • :eek: (self-explanatory)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.