All Airport Expresses I own freeze

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Archive, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Archive macrumors member

Hi,

whenever somebody in my house joins the wireless network with a PC running either XP or Vista (doesn't matter) using any network card (Belkin USB sticks or built in WLAN cards in laptops) my Airport Express boxes freeze.

By this I lose complete access to them via the airport utility (from a Mac) and the only way to restore the WLAN connection is by unplugging the Airport Express and plugging it back in.

I have two Airport Express 802.11g (v6.3) and one 802.11n (v7.3.2). All have the same symptom. I have tried resetting them all to factory settings and re-configuring them.

This also happens whether I only use one to connect to the internet, or any combination of them in an extended network.

They have never frozen on me when only Macs are connected.

So what gives?

Can't Apple's wireless devices handle Windows?

Thanks for any insights.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Don't put them in the refrigerator! :D Seriously, there is no problem having Macs and PCs sharing a network on an Airport Express. To save time, I just called Apple Support and let them walk me through the process and my network was up and running in 5 minutes, with Macs and PCs sharing an internet connection, sharing files and streaming iTunes.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No it's possible your AE is buggy. I've had to replace my 4 times before getting one that didn't break. One even brought the entire Apple Store down when the Genius tried to diagnose the problem.