All Apple devices with bezel-less screen like iPhone X, good idea ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alvian@1104, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Alvian@1104, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017

Alvian@1104 macrumors newbie

Alvian@1104

Btw, this is my first post in this forum. Hope you guys welcomed me as a baby in this macrumors world :)

(Concept) of the future Apple products.
    I think the iPhone SE (2nd gen) one, will be the most loved iphone, especially it combine with Jobs-era design.

This IMO probably happen, IF the Face ID will be flawless (okay, except for the macbook, it still can use touch id), so let's wait the iPhone X reviews to come up in November !

2. kasakka macrumors 68020

Getting rid of the bezels for the iPad is not a good move because you hold them from the edges so they are kind of necessarily or otherwise the device would have to have far better palm and finger rejection than it does.

3. x-evil-x macrumors 601

x-evil-x

Oh god it looks pretty horrible.
    No reason to go notch on anything but the iPhone. A small area for bezel on top and bottom of larger devices looks better

4. jo.Lo macrumors member

Right now I don't feel any need to switch my phone because it has the bezels on both ends of the device, if the alternative looks like the designers didn't know where to put the cameras.
    For me, a display needs equal dimensions on all sides. I can relate to the others suggesting small bezels to hide all the cameras and sensors, that would still look better than having a cut-out on your 16:9 display.
    Getting rid of the home button is fine for the future since it takes a lot of space, but please make a squared display without irritations again.

A great innovation would be a front camera or sensor that is hidden behind a display, revealing it when needed.

5. jimmy_uk macrumors 6502a

jimmy_uk

This maybe sad to say but I would buy all those products.....Well except the iMac as I have a gaming PC. Also I can't think of a reason for the watch to have the notch?

The ipad would need some fantastic rejection technology to know where your holding the device and not trying to interact. An all screen 10.5" model would be the one.