All Apple Music Songs are greyed out

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by locksmack, Sep 18, 2016.

1. locksmack, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016

locksmack macrumors member

Hey Guys,

I've had the following issue with Apple Music since getting my new iPhone 7.

History:
    • Pre-Apple Music days, my music library consisted of iTunes Match (subscription still ongoing) and iTunes purchased songs.
    • When Apple Music came out, I built on my existing library with Apple Music songs. All worked well.
    • Purchased an iPhone 7 on Friday from my carrier (Telstra in Aus) which comes with 12 months free Apple Music subscription. I think they must have removed the old subscription and added the new one.
    Symptoms:
    • All pre-Apple Music songs work completely fine.
    • Apple Music songs are listed buy greyed out. Selecting them results in an 'Item Not Available' error.
    • Deleting and re-adding songs to my library has no affect.
    • Interestingly, I can play songs just fine by searching and streaming them - it's only once they are in my library that I can't play them.
    • The above is true even for songs I've never listened to/added before.
    • I have the exact same symptoms on my macbook in iTunes.
    • My old phone (6 plus) now asks for me to purchase an Apple Music subscription when opening the Music app. I select the 'purchased through carrier' option but it doesn't accept the verification code.
    Troubleshooting (all to no effect):
    • Toggle iCloud Music Library off and on.
    • Toggle Apple Music off and on.
    • Delete songs from iCloud Music Library and re-add.
    I'm all out of ideas. I really don't want to have to build my library from scratch, so hoping someone will have some advice. Thanks for any help!

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Call Apple and verify that your subscription hasn't changed, and then ask them what is going on.