ALL Applications in my white macbooks quits unexpectedly!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by beniah83171, Nov 3, 2009.

1. beniah83171 macrumors newbie

I have a intel white Macbook white and I just upgraded to Snow leopard. A few weeks after upgrade it works ok for a while then suddenly I opened my iTunes and clicked the iTunes button on the taskbar and the application quits unexpectedly. After a day it happens to each and every applications even internet browser, it only happens if I do anything with the taskbar, if i stick with the windows of it nothing will happen and some application won't even run. The dock is also not there anymore. I have been having this about a year now with no problems, until now! help me please...:)

Macbook specs:
    Snow Lepoard v1.6.0
    Intel core 2 duo T8300 2.4GHz
    2GB DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHz
    Intel GMAX3100 144 MB VRAM

EDIT: I have a windows vista home premium bootcamp OS which only have 1 GB of free space left. The leopards hard drive has about 20 GB left. If you guys have been having the same problem or have a solution please, i mean PLEASE POST IT AS A REPLY!!! I really need this laptop for schooL!!!!

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Try repairing permissions.

Then give up, back up, and install 10.5 because Leopard is actually stable, unlike Snow Leopard.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Install the 10.6.1 update and see if it continues.

4. beniah83171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry but I don't have the Leopard CD and to download the update, you won't believe how slow is the internet in my place and could take half of my sleeping time! which is the only time the internet goes, well faster than any other time...

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Then your other option is to reinstall everything.

6. beniah83171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lets think of another way i dont know maybe its the memory or something, if all else fail I will reinstall everything.

7. beniah83171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I just found out that expose, spaces, and even the FREAKING dashboard won't open!!!!!!!! something is really wrong!!!! I can't even press the apple icon in the taskbar and check about this mac!!! as I click on the apple Finders just relaunch relaunch and relaunch so frikking annoying!!!

8. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Do you have the disks that came with the machine? I think Apple puts their Hardware Test utility on the Installation DVD now. If you have it, pop it in, reboot the machine and hold the "D" key until you see the Apple logo.

Run the Extended Test. I'm thinking there may possibly be an issue with the hard drive or memory. Not terribly likely, but you never know. :)

9. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

pretty sure you're lying. apps all work on macs and do not crash. macs just work.

10. beniah83171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'm gonna search for the CD. This macbook at first was my brother's but then he got a brand new 15" macbook pro and gave his white for me!! :( either the CD is with him or he lost it cause I don't have it with me. In the meantime i still want to know if people have a solution to something similar like this or even exactly the same problem...

11. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You either have a hardware problem or a bad install.

12. beniah83171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah well I'm going to try to check with apple stores and check but I don't think they'll give me anything, services are pretty bad here it's as if they just want the money... I appreciate all the helps lately and please tell give me more info if u guys know things like this!

13. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Give you anything? Like what?

14. beniah83171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Like they will ask me to buy this buy that do this do that and after we follow their tips it still wont work then they add more nonsense to it, their like leeches sticking on a organic bank account

15. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

So, I take it the MB is out of warranty and you want them to continue to fix it for free?

16. beniah83171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay I once have a keyboard problem with another macbook which the keyboard won't work, I told them that i was a total beginner with macs and don't know anything about it (which at that time wasn't very true, i was trying to test these dudes) and they said "looks like something IS wrong with ur keyboards buttons or things like that then I said "Why don't we try inserting this CD that came out of the box and reinstall the stupid driver" then we tried, it works and his face was like :eek: hehe i guess it does works!

17. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Not that your reply had anything to do with my question, but you took it to them when you could have fixed it yourself?

18. beniah83171 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol, no i was just trying to see if they were really trying to help!

19. beniah83171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay anyways back to topic, im going to sleep now and please post any solution or advices how to get this fixed. peace and love!!

Help this newbie

20. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

your sorta drifting away from your own cry for help here.
    I see the only solutions are:
    1- try your hardest to find the original disks that came with the macbook to do hardware tests/re-installs etc etc. even if it means hassling your brother or wotnot.
    2- take it to an apple store, and see what they can do. If its under warranty then you should be ok. If not, then its up to you if you want to pay them to fix it or not.
    3- do not come to a mac message board and start asking for help, and then go off on a tangent about something else without even trying what we are advising you do.

21. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

You amuse me.