All apps crash when clicking anywhere on menu bar?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tronic, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

Can't figure out whats going wrong here. Installed SL when i came out, been fine up until a couple of days ago when I tried to resize my Bootcamp partition in disk utility. Not sure if I personally did something wrong or if it just failed while I was resizing, but it never finished. I was done with school and therefore Bootcamp so I've left it alone but ever since then I've been having weird problems with all of my other apps. When I click on the menu bar, whichever app is running crashes and I get the crash report. I popped in the SL disk and repaired the drive via disk utility but its still the same. It did say that one folder was modified and would not be repaired. I can run it again to find out if you think its important. So any ideas of what might be causing my menu bar to be bezerk? The only thread I was able to find was back with someone using Tiger who ultimately had to reinstall the OS.

Thanks.

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

thats what you have to do. a file on your hard drive is corrupt. sorry.

3. Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions differ on "usr/share/derby", should be drwxr-xe-x, they are lrwxr-xr-x.

Repaired "usr/share/derby"