iPhone All apps crashing after update

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tirexstorm, Dec 31, 2013.

1. tirexstorm macrumors regular

Everything was working fine on my iPhone 5 (7.0.4) until this morning when I opened Cydia, updated Cydia Substrate and one other Cydia app that had an update, then I installed Adblock. After doing that all 3rd party apps (Accuweather, Spotify, Twitter, etc) and some Apple apps (Calculator, Safari, Mail) crash immediately upon opening them. Some Apple apps do work (Phone, Messages, Camera, Music.) Apps installed via Cydia some to open.

I have since removed Adblock, restarted springboard, and restarted the phone, but the problem still exists. Any suggestions?

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Uninstall Cydia Substrate, it'll also remove whichever tweak is causing the issue. Then install only Cydia Substrate. Whatever tweak it took down with it was your cause. Worked just that easily on both my devices. For me it was the animation speed up tweak!

3. tirexstorm thread starter macrumors regular

This worked. Thank you!

4. tirexstorm thread starter macrumors regular

I spoke too soon. That resolved all of my problems except for the Mail app, which still crashes. Any reason why mail would crash?

5. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

just had this too Mail and Safari crashing every time. didn't even have any tweaks so not sure what caused it, restoring and rejailbreaking.

6. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Try this

navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Caches

delete this 2 files

com.apple.LaunchServices-054.csstore

com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

reboot and you should be all good.

7. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Ty dude but already restored but will remember for next time.
    Any idea what causes it by any chance

8. Gary500 macrumors regular

Gary500

I tried this! It did not work! You have to uninstall AppCake and the AppSync like in the other thread.

9. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

This is not working for me.

This also did not work.

Tried resetting all settings, didn't fix.

Tried to erase all content and settings but all I got was the spinning wheel thing (respring icon?) and a soft reset brought the phone back to home screen.

I can't do a full restore from iTunes - I don't have the .ipsw for 7.0.4, only 7.0. I'm on satellite internet and throttled so I can't just download it.

10. EDiTOR9 macrumors regular

I was in the same boat. Pictures app, dropbox and Facebook all crashed immediately. I tried the methods mentioned above but to no avail, finally I had to restore and will try again :(.

iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.4

11. phalanx7621 macrumors newbie

Weirdly enough I have had this happen to me as well. Completely random, like it just BAM decided to stop working like it should. For me though it was only Safari that would quit as soon as you opened it. So I uninstalled Appcake, Vshare, then Appsync. Then i went in and deleted the two files suggest in the /var/mobile/Library/Caches folder and rebooted. This fixed my problem completely. Although now I have an Evasion7 icon on my springboard lol.

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Easy way to not get this type of issues:
    Stop pirating apps :eek:

13. phalanx7621 macrumors newbie

I have zero problem with doing so living in the day and age we are living in. Our government (usa) is one of, if not THE most corrupt goverrnment in the world. Our presidents shame themselves, our citizens murder each other in schools, churches, at concerts, and on the street. Am I contributing to this by downloading an app that is considered "pirated"? Am I causing chaos and burning my bra? No. What I'm doing, in the privacy of my own home no less, is not even a tiny grain of sand compared to what we have surrounding us. So I think I'll keep on doing my thing. :D

14. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Ehh so what; no matter what you think is right or wrong. Pirating apps tends to cause trouble to your fw and issues w your other apps. Things were smoother in the ios3-4 days for piracy. You don't want those issues then don't pirate. There is nothing else. Now go nag someone else about your bras and your "freedom" and put your tin foil hat back down and actually read before replying.