All Apps Deleted?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by knightvisionn, Feb 15, 2009.

1. knightvisionn macrumors member

My macs HD recently died, so I had to pay 400 bucks to get a new one from the apple store. A week later I get my new HD, and am talking to the guy at the apple store about how to get my media back on my computer. Knowing I have an iPhone, he told me to just plug my phone into my computer and sync it, and all purchased items on my iPhone will be synced to my iTunes. So I go home and plug in my iPhone, hit sync, and now my 4 pages of paid apps are gone, including some rather expensive ones. Probably about 50 bucks total. Is there any way of getting them back or do I need to be making an angry call to the apple store?

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

As far as I know if you go back to the app store and try and purchase the apps again it recognises you already have them and lets you re download (for free)

3. knightvisionn thread starter macrumors member

Ah, okay, thanks.

Now to redownload 4 pages, haha

Sucks, now I have to grab the updated version of iBowl, I managed to avoid that update for so long.

4. knightvisionn thread starter macrumors member

Okay, I redownloaded all my apps. Now I'm getting some "Apps can not be put onto iPhone because this computer is not permitted to have these" error message, or something like that.

5. knightvisionn thread starter macrumors member

Last update for anyone else having this problem, I went and authorized my computer, after that it worked fine.

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

LOL, you didn't think of authorizing your computer BEFORE you sync'd? No wonder you lost your apps.