All Apps Multi-tasking In iOS4??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by olimits7, Jul 8, 2010.

1. olimits7 macrumors member

Hi,

I'm a little confused; why does every single app that I open and then close still show up in my "multi-tasking" window??

If I close an app shouldn't it also be removed from the "multi-tasking" window??

Thank you,

olimits7

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

It's not a multitasking window. It's a list of recently used apps. The fact that some apps have support for fast switching or backgrounding is a separate matter.

3. olimits7 thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

Ok, so this window will show a mixture of "recent apps" and also apps that are "background enabled"?

Is there a way to tell the difference bettween apps that are "background enabled" or not in that window?

I like to sometimes close any apps that run in the background, but my problem is I don't know which apps are now "background enabled" or not.

Thank you, again!

olimits7

4. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Unless you happen to know which apps maintain state when you close and reopen them (Facebook and Plants Vs. Zombies are two examples), no.

As for closing unused apps...

http://www.technorotic.com/2010/06/...s-answered-on-the-management-of-multitasking/

Even apps that are background aware can be terminated by the OS if memory is needed. Probably/hopefully there's a way for apps to keep themselves alive if preferred (as in the case of a GPS app, for example).