all battery lights keep flashing! HELP

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CBillups1, Nov 2, 2011.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

i have a late 2008 macbook and recently bought an Aftermarket charger, had one before for a year with no problems with i dropped it and it broke.

anyways lately with the charger hooked up, if i removed the charger the computer would turn off and when i would click the button on the side to check the battery, all would flash at the same time.

what would fix the problem is the battery pull and hold the power button for 5 sec but later in the day it would do it again. its done it a couple times now.

my battery is depleted as well, shows replace now so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This is the first problem I see. I would never trust any power adapter that didn't come from Apple. They have not licensed the MagSafe adapter technology to anyone else, so all bets are off if you use a non-Apple charger.

3. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

i used one before for about a year and never had a problem. sad thing is, i bought an OEM from best buy and broke by itself in less than 2 months. go lucky to get a refund

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's usually the case. They use them for a while before problems appear. The interaction between the charger, the battery and the logic board is critical for the "smart" charging capabilities that is characteristic of Apple notebook batteries. I don't have confidence that all of that functionality is reproduced in knock-off adapters.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

5. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

now the charger stopped working, not sure what the hell is going on:mad::mad:

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I recommend you buy a MagSafe adapter from Apple.

7. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

already ordered an OEM one:apple:

I think I need to buy a new battery as well