all Blank DVDs eject

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jka, Jul 16, 2009.

1. jka macrumors newbie

every blank dvd i put into my macbook pro ejects after 20 seconds or so when im using windows or mac os any one got any suggestions? i have tried using higher quality dvds like sony but they still dont work

2. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Might be stupid but... are you sure you're putting them in right side up?

3. jka thread starter macrumors newbie

4. badmojo024 macrumors newbie

me too....

having a very similar problem... everything works fine except for sony dvd-r 4.7 gb discs. memorex and hp discs work with no problem, but my MBP 17" superdrive keeps spitting the sony's back out....anybody got any ideas? all i keep finding is that the drive may be bad, but then why does it read everything else? please help, very stumped...

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

There's nothing to do about it. Your drive has a media compatibility table built into the firmware. Different discs have different codes, to indicate who actually made the discs and of which variety they are. My guess is that these particular Sony discs are not in that table, and your drive is unable to read them. The only thing to do is to use other discs.

6. integragsr macrumors member

I am experiencing the same problem on my mbp 13, is this normal or should I take it to my apple store?

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

If you have tried several brands then it is most likely a problem with the drive. If it is just one or two brands out of many then it is probably just a picky drive and not anything to be concerned about.