All browsers do not display some images

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pit29, Aug 19, 2010.

1. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Hi all,

(kind of a wired thread title, but there you go:)
    I have a strange problem: I get only the small blue error icon for some very few images - notably, all posts from VirtualRain in the POTD thread (e.g., see here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10867733#post10867733)

On my computer, it looks like:
    error.jpg

- in WebKit, Safari, Chrome, Firefox (the icons displayed instead of the image are different, though ;)). I can view it fine on a Windows PC I have access to.

I'm using 10.6.4, all updates, no other issues I am aware of (apart from the strange "system doesn't sleep" issue, but that's for another thread someday). I'd greatly appreciate any hints how to view those images, and why that doesn't work now!

Pit

2. celticpride678

Do you notice it on any other websites or just MacRumors?

3. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

I didn't notice it on other websites, and on MR i didn't notice it in posts not from VirtualRain. Of course, that doesn't mean that it's only in these instances. Can you see the pic all right?

4. celticpride678

Loading fine for me in Chrome. Try clearing your caches.

5. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

Cleared Safari (5), FireFox (4.0b2) and Chrome (latest version as well) caches - still cannot see the image anywhere...

6. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

So, it looks like I cannot connect to zenfolio.com (where VirtualRain is hosting his images). The thing is - I can ping www.zenfolio.com fine, but not open it in any of the browsers I have installed. E.g., Safari tells me can't open the site because it can't connect to it. Nothing funny in /etc/hosts, not blocked in FireWall, no Proxy entries on my system. I tried accessing zenfolio.com using a vpn, but that didn't help either. The other computers on my local network can access zenfolio; I can even access zenfolio from my iPod touch when it's connected to the internet via my MBP's internet sharing feature.

7. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Happens to me sometimes, is it because they've removed the picture from the upload site perhaps?

8. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

Well, that's possible - but I don't get there. I cannot even connect to their homepage (http://www.zenfolio.com/) from my browsers... I can connect with my iPod touch. Both MBP and iPod are on the same wireless router.