Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theSchtickler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Hi there,
For some reason, all my browsers (safari, FF, chrome) are now showing normal text as bold text. It doesn't effect all sites, but it does effect most, google results for example. I have no idea how it happened, and it looks ugly and hard to read.

Anyone got any ideas?

theSchtickler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Nah, never worked it out. It drove me nuts for about a month, then I had a a whole system crash, then it was suddenly fixed?! **** me to tears until it fixed itself, sorry I can't be of any more assistance.

brisbaneguy29

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
Brisbane
HAve you checked your universal access is off? In your system preferences. Might be something to do with that. Or possibly you have a corrupt or missing font that the system is defaulting to something else.

theSchtickler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Its not Universal Access, I've checked that previously.

Its really weird, it affects certain pages but not others. Google search results are affected, see attached image. But other pages are fine. Can't work it out why....

Attachments

• grab.jpg
    grab.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 308

ottawajpm

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2011
Wtf?

I'm having this issue now too, just started today out of nowhere.....one second everything was fine, the next second all of my text was bold. Very strange. Can't seem to find the answer to the issue anywhere.

theSchtickler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
The only thing I can think it has something to do with, is that I'm running font management software (fontexplorer) and that maybe it has something to do with it? I have been running it for years previously without any issues though. Is anyone else running something similar?

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
Command + or Command - will zoom in and out which can appear like bolded text. Pressing Command and 0 (thats zero) at the same time will revert it back to the normal zoom level. That might be it.

iAreku

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2014
Im on the same boat now. Has nothing to do with CMD+ or CMD- it happens on all three browsers, same issue.

i checked the font type catalogue, removed any red cross, resetted font cache, rebooted and still nothing.

some posts on apple forums claim it has to do with a conflict with adobe but not sure how to proceed!?

anybody else??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.