Carrier All Calls Fail on AT&T LTE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aleXXXps, May 24, 2016.

1. aleXXXps macrumors member

So my phone recently stopped receiving or sending any outgoing calls. I went through all kinds of steps and reading to try and fix it. The weird thing was the data connection was still working fine. Text messages weren't coming through, but iMessages were. I even wiped the phone and restored it twice to no avail.

I discovered that when I turn LTE to off or Data only, I can suddenly make calls again and it works fine. Is there something wrong with my phone? It's a 128gb iPhone 6s on iOS 9.3.2 (13F69) with Carrier AT&T 24.1 .

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

settings/cellular/voice and data turn off.
    Select data only.
    Seems like your Volte in your local area might have problems.

3. aleXXXps, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016

aleXXXps thread starter macrumors member

This actually only fixes my outgoing calls. When someone tries to call me, it says call cannot be completed as dialed.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That weird cause then the calls would be routed without using volte. And both incoming and outgoing should work. I had the same issue when there was an outage and turing off Volte fixed it for a few days till the prob was corrected on the carrier side.
    I'd try to get that sim card replaced and if it still does the same maybe get the phone swapped out.

5. aleXXXps thread starter macrumors member

I looked on an outage map website, and my area is currently in it. Luckily, I'm at work right now. My home area is not in the outage map, so I'll try everything again when I leave in a few hours.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, sounds more like an issue on the carriers side.
    I'd call them. I'm sure you're probably not the only only one with that problem.
    They usually correct them problems within a day or 2.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple