Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I hadn't seen anything from the devteam or musclenerd that said it was okay to instal iTunes 10.1.1. Did I miss the announcement?
I ask because I'm jb on 4.1 and would like to keep my 1.59 bb.

Seconded on not updating. Installed 10.1.1 when it was released and my iTunes will open and then randomly crash when listening to music.

Now get to go through the PITA process of deleting all instances of iTunes and reinstalling.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I'm a mac user. I would've d/l itunes through software update, so the warning was especially relevant.
That's only a problem when downloading through Software Update. Getting it from the iTunes site causes no issues.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm a mac user. I would've d/l itunes through software update, so the warning was especially relevant.
I'm not saying the warning isn't relevant. I'm just saying that you can get it through other official channels and have zero issues.

I'm a mac user as well. I just tend to avoid Software Update since I could download it from the apple site before SU was even done checking for updates. That thing needs a major overhaul.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Well, I still haven't heard if the devteam or musclenerd gave the all clear, so I'd still wait to update itunes anyway.
Since I don't feel like going to apple's site for updates, I personally find SU useful.
I'm not saying the warning isn't relevant. I'm just saying that you can get it through other official channels and have zero issues.

I'm a mac user as well. I just tend to avoid Software Update since I could download it from the apple site before SU was even done checking for updates. That thing needs a major overhaul.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
It's refreshing to see this question being posted and the OP not being out right harassed by some of the regulars here.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
With the confirmation from modmyi and ice-cube, I'll d/l from Apple's web site sometime this weekend.

Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.