All cloud services in one OSX + iOS app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by discosoap, Feb 12, 2014.

1. discosoap macrumors regular

Hey guys,

question: I have multiple dropbox/google drive/skydrive accounts for cloud storage, and I'd like to have one simple location to access them with a unified interface. Therefore I am looking for a free and simple desktop app for OSX which would combine all these cloud accounts in one app, much like Doo (which doesn't seem to function that well) or what the service Otixo (which is not free) provides. Do you have any experience with something like this and can you recommend a great app? Integration with OSX as well as iOS would be even better :D Looking forward to your experiences!!

Kind regards from Holland:apple:

2. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

havent seen any on os x, but i do find one benefit of documents to go on ios is it provides access to dropbox, box.com and a few others in one app.

3. rctlr, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014

rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

I use "ifiles" on my ios devices which gives me access to multiple dropbox and other cloud drive accounts.

I have yet to find a solution for osx

4. rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

Just a small web search resulted in zeropc.com

Its web based, but at least you can see all your cloud storage in one interface.
    I might give it a go myself.

5. discosoap thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Madeirabhoy, but that does not include an OSX client app, is that correct?

----------

Hey rctlr, thanks for your suggestion, but that's not free, nor does it have an OSX client app, correct?

----------

Zeropc provides a full web-based desktop which resembles windows xp, which is a bit overdone I'm afraid. Plus the free version only allows a single account with for example dropbox, while I have several dropbox accounts, which means I can't collect all my cloud services "under one roof". Any other suggestions?

6. Razeus macrumors 601

7. discosoap thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Razeus, but does it allow users to add multiple dropbox accounts?

8. discosoap, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014

discosoap thread starter macrumors regular

I've been trying JoliCloud, and I must admit that it feels really nice. The interface is clean, many cloud storage services are included, and it's free. I've used Fluid to make the website into an app, which now sits in my dock for easy access. On the iOS side I've started using Readdle Documents, which seems to work quite well. The only disadvantage as of yet is that I can't add more than one account per cloud service, so my second dropbox and google drive account can't be added. Other than that, it's sort of working, so thanks to all of you :)

[​IMG]

9. Razeus macrumors 601

Don't think they let you add multiple accounts.