General All contacts showing

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by FortWorthMac, Nov 4, 2014.

1. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

Hey folks, I added an iPhone to my account for my use. In addition to the new iPhone both my wife and son have one. We use the same iTunes account.

The problem that I am running into is when sending a sms message I start typing the contact and every contact from my wife and son are listed. They aren't however in my address book. Is there no way to remove them? I do not need to see them or want to see them. It drives my OCD nuts.

Thanks

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Every contact record you, your son and wife add will show up on all 3 devices if you are using iCloud contacts sync.

You may want to create individual Apple ID's for each of your family members and then enable the "Family Sharing" feature in iOS 8 which will allow you share the same music and apps across multiple devices and Apple ID's.

Example: I added my wife as a family member and now I have access to her music she purchased with her Apple ID even though I use my own Apple ID. She now has access to music and movies I've purchased with my Apple ID.