Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlmitnick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
So, several weeks ago when the pre-order first opened, on apple.com if you somehow got through their system on the first day you got your iPhone 4 shipped to you on release day. But if you missed that brief window, apple.com made a huge jump to a "Ships on July 2nd" time window, a good week and a half or so later than the original batch.

Does that mean that all iPhone 4s currently out there are possibly part of a similar release day batch that the factories in China churned out and that now if you get an iPhone from the July 2nd ship date or later it is a new batch that may not have the same problems that the first one did?

BruiserBear

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Most of the iPhone 4's problems are design oriented. They have nothing to do with batches.

The only way to be certain you won't have to deal with these problems is to wait in the sidelines like I am currently doing. Until I see proof Apple has dealt with these problems I'm not buying one.

mcees4life

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2008
i got mines on launch day in the first batch and i've had absolutely no problems. Best phone i've ever owned

web4fun

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
Most of the iPhone 4's problems are design oriented. They have nothing to do with batches.

The only way to be certain you won't have to deal with these problems is to wait in the sidelines like I am currently doing. Until I see proof Apple has dealt with these problems I'm not buying one.

Good advice. I know of at least a dozen people that are doing exactly that...waiting to see what Apple does...most already have the 3GS and didn't upgrade to IOS4 which I've seen is problematic in regards to dropped calls, signal issues, and inability to connect via 3G...so waiting would probably be best. I unfortunately did not wait and received mine on a day before the official release and have had nothing but problems:mad: Yes, I do have a case, refused to pay $30 for that crap Apple bumper...so in this case, patience is virtue. I hope Apple resolves this problem quickly as it's embarrassing to have the Droid boys laugh when I can't access anything over 3G:mad:

army91c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
Most of the iPhone 4's problems are design oriented. They have nothing to do with batches. The only way to be certain you won't have to deal with these problems is to wait in the sidelines like I am currently doing. Until I see proof Apple has dealt with these problems I'm not buying one.
Pulled that right out of your 4th point of contact :rolleyes:

Good advice. I know of at least a dozen people that are doing exactly that...waiting to see what Apple does...most already have the 3GS and didn't upgrade to IOS4 which I've seen is problematic in regards to dropped calls, signal issues, and inability to connect via 3G...so waiting would probably be best. I unfortunately did not wait and received mine on a day before the official release and have had nothing but problems:mad: Yes, I do have a case, refused to pay $30 for that crap Apple bumper...so in this case, patience is virtue. I hope Apple resolves this problem quickly as it's embarrassing to have the Droid boys laugh when I can't access anything over 3G:mad:

Sorry YOUR phone is crap but mine is 100%. Sorry the "droid boys" are poking fun of you, that must really hurt :rolleyes: If you "refused to pay $30" for the "crap" apple bumper then how do you know it's "crap"? Sounds like someone is throwing a bit of a tantrum :mad: Take your phone back and get your $$, easy fix to your problem.

Ok, time for me to go use my kick ass iPhone 4 ;)

mcees4life

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2008

I certainly don't think the bumper is crap. I have the black one, it suits the phone well. I already dropped my phone once and it seemed like the bumper absorbed some of the impact

web4fun

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
Pulled that right out of your 4th point of contact :rolleyes:

Sorry YOUR phone is crap but mine is 100%. Sorry the "droid boys" are poking fun of you, that must really hurt :rolleyes: If you "refused to pay $30" for the "crap" apple bumper then how do you know it's "crap"? Sounds like someone is throwing a bit of a tantrum :mad: Take your phone back and get your $$, easy fix to your problem.

Ok, time for me to go use my kick ass iPhone 4 ;)

You' re funny! I'm sure you snuggle up to your iPhone late at night and give it a kiss. I have a wife for that which perhaps you don't...sorry abiut that:p If yiu want to get personal then bring it on Fanboy! Yes, the bumper is crap, not worth $30, I tried one and it's crap! Just because you have had no issues doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist I have a MBP, Itouch, have had Iphones in the past so I have high expectations from Apple, my fear is that now they are becoming Micro$oft which we all know how bad that is! I'm extremely disappointed with Apple and hope they can recover.

web4fun

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
You' re funny! I'm sure you snuggle up to your iPhone late at night and give it a kiss. I have a wife for that which perhaps you don't...sorry abiut that:p If yiu want to get personal then bring it on Fanboy! Yes, the bumper is crap, not worth $30, I tried one and it's crap! Just because you have had no issues doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist I have a MBP, Itouch, have had Iphones in the past so I have high expectations from Apple, my fear is that now they are becoming Micro$oft which we all know how bad that is! I'm extremely disappointed with Apple and hope they can recover.

Another point is why such a respectable company such as Apple has "hitched their wagons" to such a terrible company like AT&T, it is widely known that AT&T is their weak link so it's gotta make you wonder...AT&T! WTF!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.