All Cydia Packages and Sources deleted

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xela24678, Mar 15, 2011.

1. xela24678, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

xela24678 macrumors regular

I went into cydia to add a source. It was downloading packages then it crashed. I didn't think much of it until I tried again. This time though, all the sources were and still are gone. Even the sources and packages that come with cydia are gone. Any help on how to get them back. I tried to manually put them back but then cydia crashes. Please help. thanks

UPDATE: So I was looking around and I might have found a way. i have to SSH into my iphone and manually delete the app and all its folders. But the thing is, I still want Cydia, I just want to re-install it so I can place all the sources again. If anyone can help, thanks

2. mphayvanh macrumors member

Google reinstall Cydia. If you had Mobile Terminal installed, there are instructions on how to update Cydia using command lines or using iFile to delete the contents of the source.list file. Sorry I can't provide links right now. Ultimately, rejailbreak if it's not at 4.3 already to save time looking for the solution.

3. xela24678 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks. I just got mobile terminal and ifile. Not with cydia, but by downloading a .deb file of it. Then I SSH into it and I autoinstalled it. I already tried deletion all of the things in the lists folder exept in partial. Didnt work. So now I am think of deleting cydia with mobile terminal using the line apt-get remove cydia. I downloaded a .deb file of cydia so I can reinstall it. But I don't want cydia gone forever if it doesn't work.

For the rejailbreaking, I need to restore then jailbreak right? When I try, it says I have to upgrade to 4.3 but there is no jailbreak for that. Anyway that I can restore without upgrading.